Everyone deserves a safe day at work. We need you to make sure that happens.
This is an immediate opportunity at a well-established, growing tire manufacturing facility with 550 employees. This position reports directly to the Site Manager. This Company offers on-site production support services for automotive clients across North America. They are a third party provider of pre-production assembly through to post-production services for numerous Fortune 100 companies. Specific services include production line maintenance; process automation and environmental management.
- Ensure that all safety legislation is adhered to and proper policies and practices are adopted;
- Help to plan, implement, monitor and review protective and preventative safety measures;
- Help to prevent occupational health problems, accidents and injuries;
- Carry out regular site inspections to ensure that policies and procedures are being properly implemented;
- Plan practical and effective methods, both preventative and remedial, of promoting health and safety and safe working practices;
- Lead in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks;
- Carry out accident investigations on site and produce subsequent reports and recommendations to minimize future issues;
- Keep records of inspections and produce reports suggesting improvements;
- Keep records of incidents and accidents and produce statistics for managers, regulatory authorities and auditors;
- Keep up to date with new legislation;
- Liaise with officials from the regulatory authorities to ensure the organization is compliant with mandatory regulations;
- Ensure the safe installation of equipment;
- Advise on areas such as fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational hazards;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Health & Safety role;
- Experience in industrial / automotive/ rubber or recycling preferred;
For additional information please go to http://www.nafor.com/2459
OR Please apply directly using the link below or email your resume to Jeff Richmond at firstname.lastname@example.org – Thank you for your time.
Our company is an equal employment opportunity employer with a drug free work place. In addition to our competitive salary and incentives, we provide the opportunity to become an integral part of the continued growth of our organization. We hire only the best and the brightest.