CTi Plastic (Centrade) is a premium manufacturer and supplier of plastic planters, decorative plastic pots, indoor decorative cover pots, enviropots and nursery containers. They are suppliers of choice to some of the largest retailers in the world. Are you interested in being a key player at this Company? Does that sound like you?
Let's chat... give me a quick call at 416-238-6400.
This is the perfect job to launch your logistics career or take it to a higher level. This role is all about coordinating the ground shipments of 800 plus containers across North America annually. We design, produce and ship millions of potted plant containers to north Americas largest retailers. Having grown by 500% over a 10 year period, Centrade/CTi is a dynamic, fast-paced, entrepreneurial company. The products you dispatch will end up in every state and province. We need you to help get them there on time. This is the type of company where you will gain more hands on experience in one year than five years at a multi-national company. The office is fun and the atmosphere is friendly. You will work very closely with the Production and Logistics Manager.
WHAT YOU WOULD DO:
WHAT YOU WOULD DO:
- Help move 800 shipping containers per year around North America
- Help solve problems when issues outside of your control cause delays. e.g. poor weather conditions, mechanical problems, traffic delays and accidents
- Provide logistical assistance for all shipments from original pick-up point to final delivery point
- Track and trace all shipments in real time
- Process changes or cancellations to shipments
- Prepare freight quotations and shipping documents
- Coordinate routing with all carriers (ground, rail, ocean)
- Communicate with customs brokers, freight forwarders, and contracted carriers
- Research and negotiate quotes for competitive rates from new carriers in order to add them to our supply chain network
- Ensure the shipping schedule is always up to date
- Communicate any schedule changes with the sales staff
- Oversee inventory movements and reconciliation
- Track and receive proof of delivery (POD) and invoices from carriers within 7 days of delivery
- Ability to quickly and accurately perform mathematical calculations
- Second nature computer skills (excel and other in-house systems) - We will train you on specifics
- Strong negotiation and deal-making skills
- Ability to solve problems and provide new solutions when the plan changes
- Strong people skills and the ability to deal with "strong" client personalities
- Broad understanding of North American geography and shipping routes